Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 2 - Animal Kingdom with the Pittard's

Day 2 with the Pittard's was spent at Animal Kingdom. It was a very hot and humid day, which tends to happen more in Florida than us "Westerners" care for, but overall the weather is great. I thought we were going to melt on this day. As a parent, I like going to Animal Kingdom because the park closes early. It is nice to be able to leave at a reasonable time and not have to tell the kids they can't go get on one more ride. We were able to go back to the campground and swim. The swimming pool was really warm. It felt about as warm as bath water...ahhhh...I hope the warmth was not due to some kids' healthy kidney function, but I like to think it was from the Florida sunshine.

I'm glad Jasmine was smiling. The heat was making us a little cranky. And a cranky/moody Jasmine is not what anybody wants to deal with for very long (very long being more than 4.7 seconds...trust me on this one!).
Dominique is browsing around the gift shop. His Grandma Peterson would be so proud how he spent time in a Disney Park store!

I wish I could ride around the park in a stroller. Do they make these in a larger size?? I am not that big and could probably squeeze in one built for children. I think the bigger trick would be to convince Donovan to push me around in it all day. It would make an interesting addition to his Honey-do list.

The four boys enjoying their jawbreakers. What a bunch of suckers!! lol We love you guys!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Glad you had a good time. I'm also glad your family loves Florida so much...then you get visitors.