Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Preparing for Thanksgiving

My parents flew in town late last night. I convinced them to come spend Thanksgiving in Gainesville. I spent most of the day shopping with my mom. We went to Sam's Club, because they don't have a Costco here,(hopefully one day). I love Costco and I have been going through withdrawls. Our next stop was the grocery store. I absolutely hate the grocery store, but when your mom pays the cashier, I love it... We came home and emptied the car and then drove to Bed Bath and Beyond. My mom said I needed a roasting pan to cook the turkey and a turkey platter. Of course, I didn't argue with her. It's hard living so far away from family, but I do feel a little spoiled when my parents and in-laws come to visit. I am so blessed to have such wonderful caring parents and in-laws that are so helpful to me and my family.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey-you can get your costco fix at Christmas time. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Maybe you can hit some day after Thanksgiving sales with your mom :)

Spencer Family said...

Oh, I love when family comes to visit. We haven't had Thanksgiving with them for five years now. I'm starting to go through withdrawals. I'm so glad you were able to spend time with yours! Happy Thanksgiving!

Catherine said...

It really is hard to argue with generous parents and in-laws. I feel pretty lucky, too, especially considering my mom doesn't like to shop, just buy. So we'll go to JC Penney when I'm in town and try a few things on, and she's like, "oh, cute, let's get them for you." Sweet!

So how did your turkey turn out using your new roasting pan, Janae? Was it a nice thanksgiving?