Saturday, November 15, 2008

Tag...I'm it!!

7 weird things about me
1. I always manage to plug my nose with my hand before I hit the water when I am waterskiing.
2. Sometimes I laugh so hard I don’t make any noise but look like I am choking.
3. Legally I am short enough to receive government support as a dwarf. Ok, not THAT short, even for Uncle Sam.
4. I never wear hats because they mess up my hair I spend “so much” time on every morning.
5. I went to the airport when Donovan came home from his mission expecting to break up with him that evening as there was another guy who I had been dating for the last few months. Well, those plans ended up changing, now didn’t they?
6. I have lived in 12 different homes since graduating from High School (and 9 of those were after I was married).
7. I have a shoe fetish, but my current income limits my indulgence at this time. So I have to fill the void painting my toenails.

10 years ago
1. I had two children in diapers.
2. I was managing an apartment complex in St Louis and worked with my good friend, Shelly Pierson.
3. I worked part-time in the evenings for Northern Reflections to get some way cool discounts on clothing that I would not end up needing when I moved to Las Vegas in a couple of more months.
4. I was getting all excited for my husband to finally be done with school. Little did I know that he would have another 5 years of more graduate school in the future.
5. I was getting all excited to go to Utah for Christmas and do some skiing and see my family.

5 things on my to do list
1. Paint my kitchen.
2. Finalize the organization of my bedroom.
3. Continue to cheer on the Florida Gators football team to victory.
4. Go over all of the mail we have received from William (AKA the bills).
5. Take care of my recovering husband enough that he will owe me Big Time come the Holidays! ☺

5 snacks I enjoy
1. Fudge Brownie a la mode from Baskin Robbins with mint chocolate chip and world class chocolate ice cream with fudge topping and whip cream (but no nuts)
2. Mashed potatoes with gravy
3. My mother-in-law’s famous mint brownies
4. Mozzarella cheese sticks from Sonic
5. Milky Way

5 things I would do if I was a Millionaire
1. Pay off my husband’s remaining student loans…Ugh!!
2. Go on a shopping spree
3. Buy a Toyota Landcruiser to pull the waterski boat I would also purchase.
4. Pay off the mortgages for my siblings’ and inlaws’ homes.
5. Buy a houseboat and put it on glorious Lake Powell

5 places I have lived
1. Newberry, FL
2. St. Louis County (and city), MO
3. Las Vegas, NV
4. Provo, UT
5. Orem, UT

5 jobs I have had
1. Accounts Payable for Better Built Manufacturing (the family owned business for the Petersons in Orem, UT)
2. Travel agent for Morris Travel in SLC, UT
3. Retail for Mervyn’s (Vegas) and Northern Reflections (St. Louis)
4. Waitress for Lone Star Steakhouse (Vegas)
5. Day care from my home in Las Vegas

I tag Kristen, Angie, Julie Haskins, Julie Huntington, Amanda, Anne, Diana, and Karen.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Seriously this sounds more like Donovan did the tag for Janae. I LoVe it though. I bet you wish you could get some money for being short. I think you should definately become a millionaire because we could do some serious shopping damage and make your shoe collection huge.

Kristen said...

p.s. I might have just peed a little laughing while reading this tag!

Anne and Wayne said...

What's this business with the comments showing up right on the same page as the post? I'm trying to decide what I think of that. Oh, and I will do your tag, but when I saw that you had tagged me I remembered that Karen tagged me a while ago, and I didn't do it. Sorry, Karen.

Catherine said...

I forgot that you were going to break up with Donovan after his mission. Crazy! This was a lot of fun to read and learn more about you, Janae.

Karen said...

Mmm, mint brownies.