Tuesday, November 4, 2008

4 Riddles

1. I never was, am always to be;
No one ever saw me, nor ever will they;
And yet I am the confidence of all
Who live and breath on the Earth's ball.

2.A strange book I saw:
Its foreword came after its epilogue,
Its end came before its introduction,
And its index, was in the first half!
What kind of book is this?

3.My first in sausage, but not in meat,
My second in pretty but not in neat,
My third in chance but not in risk,
My fourth is in circle and also in disk,
My fifth is in sun, but not in sky,
My last in kiss, so what am I?

4. They have no flesh nor feathers,
Nor scales nor bones,
But they have fingers of their own.
What are they?

When you answer, then answer like this:
4. _________
or
2. _________
Search Engines are not allowed, and Grandma and Granpa Lott cannot answer.

Sincerely,
Dominique

7 comments:

Grandma Grace said...

1. oxygen
2. the Bible or the Book of Mormon

Janae&DonovanLott said...

No Grandma Grace, those are both incorrect.

Spencer Family said...

4. glove?

Janae&DonovanLott said...

Correct! #4 is a glove! Only three more riddles to go? Who can figure them out? Here some hints to get those gears working in your head.

1: Time = ___________
2: End comes before its Introduction.
3: This is a mythical creature.

Good Luck!

Spencer Family said...

Okay, I may be way off base but...

1. money?
2. the dictionary?

and the third, well, I'm working on that. :)

Janae&DonovanLott said...

Yes, to the dictionary, but no to money

Jan Hawkes said...

I don't see that the final answers are posted anywhere so I'm going to give it a try.
1. tomorrow
2. dictionary
3. sphink (the only other word I can make of it is grains, but that isn't a mythical creature.)
4. glove