Friday, May 1, 2009

Dreyton's Birthday Backyard Party

Dreyton has been awaiting his "own post" on our blog for some time now. I didn't realize my children were keeping track of how many times I post about them. Dreyton has been feeling a little left out. I guess I haven't posted about him on here as often as our other three children. Well, Dreyton, my dear 11 year-old bundle of joy, here is YOUR post. :)

Dreyton was having a very difficult time deciding what to do for his recent birthday party. He finally decided to have a backyard party with water games and pizza. All of the boys had a great time. They all had water guns and water balloons, and I don't think anyone ended the party in dry clothes. They also played capture the flag. I am here to tell you, dem' eleven-year-old boys sure have a lot of pent up energy in those little bodies they have!

Here are some pictures of the boys enjoying pizza. Oh! I discovered another difference between boys and girls, and I will pass along my newfound wisdom to any of you who may be planning future parties for some young men. Don't order three cheese pizzas, one pepperoni, and one ham. Boys like stuff (i.e. MEAT) on their pizza. I was told not to order more cheese pizzas next time. Who new? (**Actually, Donovan knew, but I didn't ask him before ordering** OK, Donovan...get away from my keyboard now) I knew boys ate MORE than girls, but I didn't think it mattered what was on the pizza. I guess some boys have a pickier palate than I imagined.

Boys can down a lot of soda too. I guess if you add enough sugar to anything that boys will gulp it down!All of the boys helped Dreyton blow out his candles.Present time! I think it is always a lot of fun to watch all of the kids huddle around and watch with eager anticipation as the birthday boy opens his presents. Dreyton is my easiest child to shop for. He is happy with almost anything he receives, and he is always seeing new stuff on TV that he would love for me to buy at only 3 low payments of $19.99!! We went to the store the day after the party as his newly received monies were burning a hole in his pocket after a mere 24 hours. He wanted a DSi for his birthday. He used all of his money (plus some of mine!). He said it was the best shopping day ever (not that I agree as he didn't even buy one pair of shoes with his shopping spree). HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DREYTON!! WE LOVE YOU!!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

He looks so happy in the last picture. I'm so glad that he finally got a post all to himself. I guess he deserves it. Ha ha.

Anne and Wayne said...

Yeah, Dreyton! You are my favorite 11-year old and I am glad that you had a wonderful birthday. I can hardly wait until you and Dominique sit down to an all-you-can-eat buffet with me so I can watch to see if you can eat more than your dad used to back in his youth.

Julie said...

Way to stand up for blog equity, Dreyton - that looks like fun. We had a birthday party for Taylor last week with most of the same things except he only wanted cheese on his pizza - I guess he'll have to grow into the "meat stage" next year.