Sunday, May 24, 2009

Riding Mower or Push Mower?

Each week the boys (Dominique and Dreyton) help me or Donovan mow the lawn (although lately it has been me much more than my testosterone counterpart). The boys have the chore of using the self-propelled mower, and I usually use ol' Triple L, which is our riding lawn mower (what our sons like to call "the Lott Lawn Lamborghini"). Dreyton would really like to mow the lawn with triple L, but he is not quite "manly" enough yet (like myself...ha ha ha). I told Dreyton that it is not a toy and actually a dangerous machine used by ninja assassins in certain parts of the Orient. He insisted that he was old enough to use this beast. So I tried to explain how to use the mower and then had him drive with me. Well, his driving "skillz" definitely need some further polishing. After backing into the fence, let's just say he wasn't ready to use the riding mower yet. Maybe next year. Dominique also wanted to try, but I think it is going to take some practice driving before we turn on the blade. In the meantime, I guess I will be the one to keep using Triple L "fully loaded" with the blade running.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! Sons who actually mow the lawn! Unheard of in our neighborhood. The boy across the street and his dad are too lazy or just don't want to mow the lawn more than once a month or every 6 weeks! The neighbors on one side of them get sick of it and mow the lawn. Way to go Dominique and Dreyton!

Kristen said...

Janae...I love the pics of you riding the lawn mower with the kids. It is awesome. It makes you look so young! Those boys are getting so old...I'm glad you are training them!

Anne and Wayne said...

Keep working with them, Janae. It will be worth it in the long run, as you well know. Oh, and when they come out here, they are more than welcome to use our hand mower to do our lawn.