Sunday, May 31, 2009

Church shoes and clothes

Why is it that children's clothes fit them one week but not the next? Jasmine told me that her church shoes don't fit. I looked at them and sure enough her feet were hanging off the back of her sandals. Why did it take her so long to notice? I know her feet didn't grow in one week. Dominique and Dreyton have had the same problem in the past. One week their pants are too long and the next they are too short. Dominique had been wearing these black shoes each week to church and for band perfomances, but for his spring band concert they didn't fit. I told him just to wear them one more time. I did not have time to drive to the store and purchase new shoes before the concert.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I hear ya! Happens to Ethan all the time!

Grandma Grace said...

I had a relative once who always bought the kids clothes bigger so they could wear them longer. Of course, they looked weird and the clothes usually wore out before they actually fit.
GG

Catherine said...

How fun to see that Jyllian is the matchmaker in the family. She must take after her Grandma Lott. ;) And yes, it drives me crazy too that kids grow out of clothes so fast! Maybe they didn't get the memo that we WANT them to stay small because A) they're cuter that way and B) then we don't have to spend money for new clothes!

Kristen said...

I hate it too!