Sunday, May 9, 2010

Spring Break/Day Four Animal Kingdom

April 10, 2010
Our final day of Spring Break in Orlando was spent in Disney's Animal Kingdom. We had asked each of the kids which of the four parks they wanted to go to during spring break. I got four different answers. We had to go with the majority since we weren't going to all four parks in one day. Somehow we keep spending our spring break in Orlando. It usually falls on or right around my birthday. Whenever Donovan asks me what I would like to do for my birthday, I usually say let's go out-of-town for a few days.
The safari ride is one of my favorites at Animal Kingdom. I think we saw more animals this time then on previous visits.

Disney really has spent many hours/months/years creating this park.



Rhinoceros


The tree behind me is not real. It's actually part of It's a Bugs Life (which is a 3-D show). My kids love it.



Dominique gave a thumbs up to Mount Everest. It is a roller coaster ride, and it's great! I was truly surprised that he rode the ride and liked it. I think he is finally overcoming his fear of big rides. Dominique usually is our Jyllian watcher for the rides. But two things happened this trip: 1 ) Jyllian is now 40" (which means she can ride almost all of the rides), 2) Dominique decided to ride the rides. We didn't have to get a child swap card for most of the rides, and Jyllian had a great time...except for the river rapids ride. She sat next to me for this ride, and we happened to be seated in the seat that became drenched. I always carry a change of clothes for her, thank goodness. After getting drenched, she was not happy to be wet and didn't want to ride that ride ever again. I remember last year she tried to stand on her tippy toes to try and ride.


About 3:00 the kids started to get tired and wanted to go home. I couldn't believe it! Who gets tired at Disney? I guess everyone but me. We did leave early and grabbed some McDonalds on our way home.


Jasmine wanted to take our picture, so she tried.



She also took a few pictures of the pink flamingos. Do you know why flamingos are pink? Because of the shrimp they eat.





No comments: