Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Jasmine's Skate Station Party

March 13, 2010

Jasmine wanted to have a party at the local roller skating rink. She invited a few friends from school and a few girls from our neighborhood. She wanted to have a sleep over too, so I told her she could only have five girls. I don't really like slumber parties (the last thing I get to enjoy during them is an actual slumber), but I know the kids enjoy them. In the picture below are Sydney, Jasmine, Mackenzie, and Grace.Of course, we made the boys come along to the party with all of the crazy girls, and they were very reluctant (I don't know why....I mean, my older brother always liked hangin' out with me and my 9 year old friends when he was a tween). I told them there would be so many people there and no one would know they came with a bunch of girly girls. Donovan strapped on his roller blades and really got into skating. Who knew he liked skating so much? I guess he was reliving his classic skating days (and his affinity for the Bee Gees).

Dominique and Dreyton were having a much better time then I think they would admit.



Morgan is our next door neighbor and Elesse lives across the street. Jasmine has a great time with these two girls. At the beginning of the night, these two girls could barely stay on their feet. But by the end of the evening, they were skating around the rink. In fact the next day, they each went to the store and purchased roller blades. Jasmine and these two have been ripping up the neighborhood. It is amazing what some friendly coercion and positive reinforcement can do to motivate kids to go and go and go to learn something new (even if they fall down hitting the cement floor with their hind ends several times!).



The girls sipped a few slurpees, which I'm sure just added to their sugar intake (and inability to stay still and let me slumber later that night).




Jasmine and the girls were up late watching crazy youtube videos with Donovan. Jasmine is very much like her daddy. It's scary!



The next morning, Morgan wanted to give Jasmine a facial. Morgan used yogurt (with fruit on the bottom) for the face and cucumbers for the eyes.



The girls painted their nails and just pampered themselves like the divas they think they are.












2 comments:

Anne and Wayne said...

What a fun party! Wish we could have been there. I "might" have been tempted to put on a pair of skates myself.
Donovan did always like to skate.

Prior Family said...

You must have gotten your computer fixed. Talk about some serious catch up work. Love all the new posts. Rebecca was looking at them last night and told me that I really need to add music to my blog. Yours is soooo much more interesting. Miss you. Di