Sunday, May 9, 2010

Spring Break Orlando/ Day One and Two

April 7, 2010
On the first day of spring break, we packed up the car and headed to Orlando. We drove straight to the temple and decided to take turns watching the kids. Donovan went into the temple first, so I walked around the temple grounds and fed the kids snacks. The first half hour was fine, but then the kids started to get bored. They were not very happy about hangin' in the minivan (I mean, what cooler place exists to hang out in than a mini-van?!). When Donovan came out of the temple and I went in, he took the kids for ice cream and to check-in to the condo we had reserved for three nights. I don't think they complained a bit about getting some ice cream. Donovan tends to get the "easier shifts" tending the kids.

I took a few pictures of the kids outside the Orlando temple grounds.

It was a beautiful day, and just a little warm, but I am not complaining about the gorgeous spring weather we had during the month of April.

The kids were asking me, "How much longer?" You know that's the question all kids ask. I just kept telling them that classic parental reply: "Just a little longer."

After finishing up at the temple, the kids went swimming in the pool at the condo. Then we went to Cici's pizza for dinner. I know it's not the best food, but it was a request by the kids. Can you say all you can eat pizza??

Day two: I promised Donovan that we would have one "down day" on our Spring Break. His idea of a vacation and mine are completely opposite. He thinks a vacation should be relaxing and not running all over to cram in as much "fun" as possible. However, I do enjoy his idea of a vacation too. On day 2, the kids were able to swim and watch some TV (something very unusual for them and their daily routine...not!). We had a great dinner at Sizzler. That was my pick as I had not had Chicken Malibu for several years. I think our kids are now Sizzler fans too!

No comments: