Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dreyton turns 12

Dreyton turned twelve in April. He was very anxious to turn twelve, because he was excited about leaving primary and becoming a Deacon. He was also looking forward to being in the Boy Scout troop with his dad. Donovan is the Scoutmaster.

I attempted the red velvet cake again, and I just can't seem to get the frosting right. My mother-in-law has shown me a few times how to make this cake from scratch, but I am terrible when it comes to making red velvet cake. I think I will just have Anne (my mother-in-law) make it in UT and each time she visits us. I'm not meant to make this cake.

Below is a picture of Dominique before the band concert began. I was able to get a quick shot of Dominique, but I could not get close enough to Dreyton.



Both of my boys performed in the spring band concert. Dreyton plays the trumpet in beginning band, and Dominique plays the trombone in the symphonic band. They did a great job!
I can't believe both of my boys are in middle school and growing up so quickly. It seems like just yesterday when they were little toddlers that I could watch over like a mother hen. My boys are changing so much and becoming more independent each day. Dominique will be starting high school in the fall and that means he only has four more years left in my home. Dominique has informed me that he will not be living in Florida, but he "will come visit." I'm constantly reminding my boys that they always need to remember their mom. The other day I told my boys that they couldn't get married to a girl until she went on a family vacation with our family. I told them that when they get married they would inherit another family and they should make sure their wife knows she inherits our family. Their response is, "We know mom!" They better or I will be showing up on their front door! **And you know I will!**





3 comments:

Anne and Wayne said...

Hey, I haven't heard about the trophies your boys are holding. What are they?

I wish we could have been there for the concert.

Catherine said...

I don't think you can go wrong with red velvet cake. It's always amazing! Next time you're in town, I'll let you practice making it for me so you can perfect the frosting. lol Yummy!

PS) When did your little boys turn into young men? They're both so tall and handsome, like their dad. I can't believe how time flies!

Prior Family said...

Are you still blogging? I feel so behind on what's going on in your life. Hope things are going well. We miss you guys. Love, Di