Saturday, August 2, 2008

Yellowstone National Park

Friday, July 18th, was planned to spend the day in Yellowstone National Park. There were a lot of stops around the park to view geysers (but then again, I am already married to a consistent fountain of hot air). Although, we spent the majority of our day driving, we did a lot of walking too.


I thought I took a picture of the waterfall we were viewing at this spot, but I guess not. Annette (who is flashing gang signs to her Wyoming homies [Is that an oxymoronic statement??]), Will, and Sierra were in the background of the picture below with me and my wind-swept hair. Where is a good bottle of hair spray when you need some in the middle of a national park?This is the back of the motorhome that acted as our Rock & Roll tour bus through Yellowstone. It would have been a lot cooler if we actually had some roadies, but at least we had my little sister (Alicia, AKA Jessica) to help out. Jyllian was very tired as we had hit her nap time a couple of hours prior to this picture being taken. As for me, well I just try to have my eyes closed in all of my pictures because I like the way my eyelids look. :) That is actually not a growth on Dominique's back, but it is his little sister, Jasmine. Donovan and Dominique spent much of their time with her on their shoulders, and she is much heavier than she actually looks when you lug her around for several hundred yards. We are thinking of having an MRI of her to make sure her legs aren't made of lead.
Kami and Tate joined the motorhome tour bus later during the day.
The kids sitting in the Old Faithful vistor center keeping warm and waiting for Old Faithful to erupt. Can you tell they were "requested" to smile pretty for the camera??
We were patiently waiting for Old Faithful to explode. Once again it was a little chilly with wind, but at least we were able to get the dust off of our jackets/sweatshirts that hadn't been used since we were in Missouri. Unfortunately, we missed old faithful by five minutes. We had to wait another 90 minutes for the next erruption.
Here is Dominique on the top bunk of the motorhome. He was checking out how well the fan was working. At least it made him feel 2 inches taller for a moment. Ahhhhh....to be over 5 feet! I wonder how those tall giants above 5'6" don't walk around with a constant nose bleed, though...

1 comment:

Kristen said...

My kids just told my that you are so lucky to get to go there. Maybe one day we can make it to Yellowstone too.