Sunday, August 17, 2008

Callister family picnic

I know I'm really behind on posting (can you please forgive me??), but I'll try to get caught up (like we ever really can do THAT in life, right?). I've been gone a lot this summer leaving Donovan to enjoy the bachelor life (namely doing his own cooking and laundry) for awhile. These pictures below were taken at a park in North East Orem, (Windsor Park) for the 2nd Annual Callister Related People Who Live Around Northern Utah (AKA ACRPWLANU...maybe you have seen this acronym eleswhere but were unsure of what it stood for. Now you know! :) ). Below is Aunt Grace, Julie (her daughter), Karen, Kristen, Jyllian, Donovan, John, Anne, and Wayne. The kids were having a great time with water balloons like the ones Donovan is holding (No, they aren't big eggs...just balloons). Jasmine would love to throw the balloons at others to mositen them in the heat, but she did not want to be the recipent of one and its fluid contents. Jyllian was protecting her balloons, but water ballons do break open, unfortunately on me.
Anne,
Thanks for putting the ACRPWLANU picnic together. It's always fun to see family and what's happening in their lives. Anne provided the meat for the picnic, and Wayne, Gary, and Donovan cooked it. I always look forward to the desserts on the Callister side because they all make fantanstic sweets.
I have found it to be very difficult to get a picture of John. But at least I got a side view. Sorry, ladies, but he is a married man! Although his Firebird is single...and VERY clean.
Here we have Margaret and Ruthanne with her husband, Austin. These are Lois' girls.

3 comments:

Anne and Wayne said...

Glad you enjoyed the picnic. So did I.

Catherine said...

I didn't know the picnic had an acronym. You're so creative, Janae. ;) I sure had a good time. Yes, those desserts are always a favorite of mine, too! Go Callisters!

Kristen said...

We need some mint brownies pronto!