Sunday, August 3, 2008

Island Park Family Picture

My mom always wants her family picture updated, but we all say Ugh! The only time the whole family would be together was at the reunion. Jason and Alayne live in Rexburg, and I live in Florida. The rest of the Peterson clan live pretty close to one another in Happy Valley. So we don't have a lot of opportunities to have ALL of us together for a picture that often. Amanda always does a great job with the photography even when circumstances are difficult. Amanda (my sister-in-law [AKA Amandona]) had asked a friend that was in Idaho to come take the picture, but he wasn't able to come. Amanda had her tripod and a timer on her camera. So Amanda (and later the oldest [but maybe not the wisest] grandchild, Kylie [AKA Heather or K-Y]) would turn the camera's timer on and then run like a banshee to her spot in the picture to get there just before the picture was taken. Considering our large group (and the glare from some of the balding heads), the picture turned out to be much better than expected.Amanda snapped a few shots of my family, and we really appreciated Amanda's service to us. Donovan wanted the lake to be in the background, of course. Too bad we didn't get a complete family picture with our other child, Demond (Donovan's waterski).

On Saturday, before pictures were taken, we were able to float down the river on rafts. Dominique rode in a raft with Tyler, Dreyton was in a raft with Grandpa Peterson, Jasmine went with Katie, and Donovan, Jyllian and myself were in a two man raft. The kids had a great time with their cousins, and I really enjoyed the outdoor activites.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

What a beautiful family! I missed seeing you guys up in Howe, but I'm glad we were able to visit at the mini family reunion in Orem. You are lookin' so good, Janae!

Kristen said...

Cute photos. I think you always get such great pictures from you sis-in law

Amanda said...

Well you beat me to it, putting the family picture up on your blog before I put it on mine! I keep thinking about it but it just hasn't happened yet. So good job Janae AKA Donovan! I love reading what you write, it's pretty dang funny!
I'm sending your kids pics with Kylie and there are some on my photo blog right before Katie's post! So check them out! There were some really cute ones, so I hope you like them.

Jan Hawkes said...

Great photos. Any chance you could upload one of higher resolution? When I download the big family group and zoom in to look at individuals, I can't make out any faces at your posted resolution. Keep up the great work on your blog. It's fun to stay current on your family.

Thanks to Donovan for his $20 bill story for Jim's birthday book. I got a couple of great photos off your blog to put with Donovan's story and you guys have your own page. I'll email it to Anne and she can forward it to you. Or come over and see it for yourself!