Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Jyllian turns four-years-old

Four-year-olds are my favorite. They don't have as many major meltdowns as younger kids, but they are still sweet and say the funniest things. But most of all they don't talk back to you (as some kids who are "more mature" tend to do). Jyllian is our youngest, and I think she is definetly spoiled by her siblings and her parents. When Jyllian was born, Dominique would pray every night for almost two years thanking Heavenly Father for Jyllian. He still says it sometimes when we say family prayers. We took Jyllian to Chuckie Cheese for her birthday. We of course didn't have the camera, but we had a great time. We went as a family, and when we got there she wanted a big party with friends. I was just not up for a big party, and besides, she just doesn't have very many little girlfriends. I told her we would have a big party when she turned five. I think December babies just get ripped off for their birthday. There are ward, work, family, and friend parties during the month of December. It's very difficult to schedule an event around so many things going on. The day before her birthday, I had a ward Christmas party. Since, I am the ward activites chairperson, I was in charge. I was very busy that whole week. My house, my children, and poor Jyllian were put on the back burner. Jyllian did not know what type of cake she wanted, so I was just going to make a simple round cake. The day before her birthday she told me she wanted a unicorn cake. Well I have made her a Dora cake, a Cinderella cake, and a Barbie cake; however, I just didn't have the time to go looking for Unicorn cakes. So she decided a star cake would be fine. Well, I attempted to make a star cake. It was really a pathetic attempt, but we all ate the cake and Jyllian loved it (especially the frosting).
You are probably wondering what all of the ranch dressing is doing next to her on the table. Well, it was for the ward pary the next day. I did purchase too much dressing, but I took two of them back after the party. Note to self, people really don't like that much green salad at ward parties.




2 comments:

Kristen said...

She is so stinking cute. Happy Birthday Jyllian.

Anne and Wayne said...

Sure wish we could have been there! We all love your Jyllian.