Saturday, December 26, 2009

Science Projects

Dominique and Dreyton had to present a science project for the Science Fair in November. Dominique chose to measure the speed of light in jello. He placed 2nd in physics and will be going to Regionals in February. Dreyton's project examined how different colors absorbed light and heat for increasing the temperature of water. His teacher took pictures for him, but I don't have copies to download to the blog. Both boys did a great job and did the majority of the work on their own. We had to make five different jellos all with a different consistency of water.
The laser pointer was used to measure the speed of light.

I never did like science myself, but my boys really like their teacher Mr. Riley.


2 comments:

Kristen said...

I am glad you clarified that was jello...I was a little nervous. Nice job on the science stuff!

Karen said...

Cool stuff!