Sunday, December 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This year Anne and Wayne (my in-laws) came to Florida for Thanksgiving. We were truly grateful to be able to spend Thanksgiving with family. We have been very fortunate to spend Thanksgiving each year with people we love and care about (the Melby's while we were in St. Louis). I worry that we will be alone, but each year it always works out. Anne and I went to see New Moon together. I guess it was an ok movie, but it was a little cheesy. Anne and I were also able to do some after Thanksgiving shopping. I think I wore Anne out. Thank you Wayne for watching the kids so we could shop, and thank you Donovan for working, so I would have money to spend.
Whenever Wayne and Anne come to town, I'm sure they fear my to-do-list. Grandma Lott made my four children Christmas pillowcases and Wayne did his fair share of car repairs and other odd jobs. Thanks for everything. We love you and really enjoyed your company.
Grandma even played Conquest of the Empire. Dominique loves to play this game, but it takes 4-5+ hours to complete. Thanks for being a good sport Anne.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Is Donovan pointing to his cool Florida Gators shirt or to the game in that last picture? ;) How fun to spend some time with Anne and Wayne over Thanksgiving. I'm big fans of theirs as well.

Anne and Wayne said...

Grandma always loves to visit the gang in Florida--to play games, visit with the kids, go shopping (and to lunch) with Janae, and everything else. I also enjoy not having the phone constantly ring for Wayne and/or me!