Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The joy of kids growing up!



My mother raised ten children, and nine of us had braces. It is now my turn to "gladly" spend my retirement money on orthodontic work for my kids. Wow! Can you say expensive? Dominique had braces put on, and he actually has good teeth! Well, relative to me when I was his age. He will only need to wear them for just over a year. Dreyton has actually been seeing an orthodondist for two years due to an underbite, which my DNA passed down to him. He has had two mouth pieces and invisiline. As soon as he loses all of his baby teeth, he will have braces too.

Donovan and I are hoping at least one of our kids decides to go into orthodontics so that we can retire early and move in with them. At this point in time, Dreyton says he wants to be an orthodontist (mostly due to seeing a lot of "toys" some of the orthodontists we knew in St Louis had around their homes). We are keeping our fingers crossed that he continues to have this occupational aspiration!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Love it...maybe I'll find an orthodontist to pay my retirement. How's the trombone playing with those.

Grandma Grace said...

Out of six, we had five who needed braces and four glasses. These are the things you don't really think of when you have kids. Did you know that if you can pay for the braces up front they often will give you a discount? Of course you have to have that kind of money around.
GG

Karen said...

Lookin' good, Dominique!

Julie said...

I'm glad he's sporting them so proudly - that smile is awesome. I didn't like them at the time, but I sure am glad now that mom and dad put up the bucks for mine. Then again, I didn't have to wear the sexy headgears like John and Stacey did.

Anne and Wayne said...

How can you retire early and live off of Dreyton's salary? Aren't you supposed to take care of Wayne and me in our old age?!