Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Vegas Baby!

Each year the American Physcial Therapy Association holds a conference that Donovan tries to attend. It seems like I have been able to go with him every other year. I found out awhile ago that it was going to be held in Sin City this year, so I just "had" to go. Originally, I was going to stay with my sister-in-law, Kristen, and have some good times with some crazy girl fun, but her life changed drastically and she has since moved to Utah. I wasn't sure if I was going to go because she wasn't going to be there. But as it drew closer to make a decision about going, I decided it would be fun to go and visit other friends and spend time with Donovan. Everyone needs a vacation without kids once in a while, right? Thankfully Grandma Peterson snuck out of Utah Valley last minute to come watch our four children. It was very much appreciated! Thanks a lot, Mom!!
Donovan and I stayed in the Luxor hotel compliments of the University of Florida (gotta luv dem Gator greenbacks!).

We were able to visit with a lot of friends that have crossed our paths over the past several years. We lived in Vegas for three and a half years back in '99 to '02 . Wow! Vegas is so different now. There has been a tremendous increase in traffic and a lot more homes that have been built since we moved in Aug of 2002. The strip is still crazy, of course.
I really wanted to eat at the Cheesecake Factory, so we drove to Caesars Palace in the car we rented and had dinner there with a good friend we had not seen for a few years. Nothing like fine company and delicious food!


Donovan enjoyed his favorite dessert there, Dulce de Leche cheesecake. It was as yummy as this picture makes it look.

We "pulled a Janae" on this trip meaning we forgot to take our camera (once again!). At least we are consistent. :)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh I am glad you had such a great time. I wish I could have been there. I know we could have had some rocking good times. Viva Las Vegas!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Tricia said...

I can't imagine how much Vegas has changed since the last time I went thru - has to be at least 10 years now. Glad you guys had fun :)

Karen said...

Mike wants to know if the Luxor has gold toilets?