Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Home Projects

I was very busy this weekend painting my living room. I know this is a terrible picture. Donovan took the picture, but he obviously couldn't see that my eyes were closed. This was the only picture taken of the vaulted ceiling, so I decided to post the fabulous picture. It took me all day to paint and I was exhausted. Donovan did move the entertainment center for me. Hopefully, that won't need to be moved again. It's a beast! Sometimes, I get a bug to paint and it drives Donovan crazy. He can't understand why I need to change the color of the walls. Thank goodness for my ladder. It was a great gift and comes in handy for a lot of projects.
As you can see the walls were all an antique white. The walls really did have a lot of scuff marks.
In April, Donovan gave me this clock for my birthday. After, I painted he decided it was now time to finally hang the clock. Thanks Donovan.

3 comments:

Anne and Wayne said...

Janae, you did a great job. (Donovan, you did a great job taking pictures, too.) What room in my home should we paint when you're here next month?

Kristen said...

I still can't believe you got up there and did those vaulted ceilings. Nice job. The color looks great and so does the clock. I bet you are so glad to not have flat paint anymore.

Karen said...

I am so eager to paint too. We really need, at least I think we need, to paint our living room, entry, and halls. I am having a heck of a time picking out a color. I think I found one. Wanna have a paint party with me, you, Kristen, and maybe Mom when you are here this summer? Oh, and what did you do with your kids while you painted? I'd up and paint on my own, but what should I do with Ethan so he's not playing in the paint and getting it everywhere. Your house looks GREAT!