Saturday, June 21, 2008

Ginnie Springs and Dominique's Fx

So the clinic Donovan does some part-time work for (Fit For Life Physical Therapy, see http://www.fitforlifept.com/staff.shtml) had their annual get-together at Ginnie Springs (see http://www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com/). It had been raining when we arrived, but the weather improved as we enjoyed some great BBQ and sweets. I noticed that there were a lot (hundreds) of small tubs with different colored jello. I asked Dominique and Dreyton if they wanted some jello, but Donovan acted swiftly and denied my kind offer as the jello had tequila in it (see http://www.cuervo.com/default.aspx?url=http://www.cuervo.com/home/main.aspx). Did you know they make jello shots?? I guess I am a little more innocent than I think sometimes.

Although I didn't get any good pictures of us floating down the river on the tubes, here are some at the van as we inflated the tubes.
We all knew Dreyton's hot air would come in handy someday.

Note Dominique's posturing of his left hand. See below for more details.


We are SO FREAKING EXCITED TO BE HERE!!! Donovan thought I looked sexy in this picture. ;) ...Ok, so Donovan typed that sentence.

Jasmine was thrilled to get ready for the 72 degree water in her new pink tube.

Jasmine was still hungry after all of that good food. Luckily, our little gymnast escaped the jaws of hunger by the skin of her pa-tootie.


Here is Jyllian modeling her happy and pout-like looks that she has been working on as she prepares for the walkway in Paris next spring.



As Dominique and Dreyton were finishing their fun-filled trip with the Fiala's and the Tamenga's, Dominique slipped and hit his hand on the edge of the pool. After an x-ray this morning, he won the trophy for the "Fractured Hand in the Family Award" for this weekend. Congratulations, Dominique!! We are proud of your accomplishment, but we hope your siblings do not follow your example as we do not want to cough up more co-pays.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Jello shots at a family work party! No wonder Ludo de Wolf looks like he does. I am glad that Janae now knows NOT to give her children those. Love the modeling poses of the children as well as the "Hubba Bubba" one of Janae. I hope that Jasmine does not do any butt biting while in Utah. You see, my youngest has much more to bite;)

Karen said...

Bummer for Dominique!

Anne and Wayne said...

I'm really glad that Donovan was wise enough to warn his family away from the spiked jell-o, but I want to know just how he knew about it?!?

Oh, and I'm sorry about your hand, Dominique. Hope it isn't too painful, and aren't you glad that you are out of school so don't have to be playing the trombone for a grade>

Janae&DonovanLott said...

I knew about the jello shots because I used to lie awake at night and listen through the heating vents to the conversations that the Callister women would have about their fav jello recipes. And some people actually believe those carrot slices and apple pieces are just fruit and vegetables!