Friday, June 13, 2008

Girls' Night Out

Wednesday night, Jasmine and I went with the girl scouts for their year end party. The girls sold enough cookies to have an all expense paid night out. The girl scout leader chose to go to Build-A-Bear and dine at a Japanese restaurant called Yamato. Each girl had a twenty dollar limit and I had a $5 off coupon, so Jasmine was able to get a dog and an outfit.

Only five girls were able to come, but we usually have eight in the troop. I took this picture in the front of the store and the girls were a little excited.
Jasmine had never been to a Japanese steak house before, but she really liked the food. The cook made fire on the grill and this was very entertaining for the girls. Jasmine wants to bring the whole family back to this restuarant. If it were only that easy, it's quite expensive. I told them we would have to save up and go.

The girl scout leaders name is Renee. She is the middle. I'm glad someone volunteers their time to make it possible to have girl scouts.


4 comments:

Anne and Wayne said...

What a fun thing to do. I'm glad that Jasmine got to have such a fun time.

Kristen said...

Isabel wants to do girl scouts now. I can't believe they went to a Japanese restaurant with all those young girls--they must not all be as picky as mine (and me).

Karen said...

I agree with Kristen, Japanese food? I'm a little leary on that myself! The night looks like a lot of fun though.

Julie H. said...

So fun! Katie and Lily got to eat at a Japanese restaurant like that and they loved it. When ever I ask where they would like to get some food they say, "you know the place where they cook in front of you." I always tell them that is for special occasions, maybe a birthday or something. We'll have to try to go while you are here next month.