Saturday, April 19, 2008

Spring Break

Here we are at the Fort Wilderness Campground in Disney World. Jasmine and Jyllian thought the sand was pretty cool. Dominique and Dreyton helped put up the tent you can see in the before dad's help and after dad's help pictures. Don't be fooled by the look of "fatigue" on the faces of our boys in the after picture. They still had enough energy to run all over Epcot to find their Pokemon toys later that afternoon. Our friends told us that it was fun camping here, but I would have to disagree with them a little. It took us a little while to set up the tent, and the kids were very hot in the Sunshine state. It was a very nice campground, but if you are in a hurry to get to the parks, don't try it! We only spent one night here, and I didn't get very much sleep thanks to the go-lucky camping neighbors we had. I haven't camped in a tent for a very long time. In fact, I think it must have been at least twelve or thirteen years. I forgot how much noise there is at night with other campers, and it's hard to sleep with your children in the same sleeping area as you. Jasmine and Jyllian are definite "jimmy leg" girls.






It was a very warm afternoon, and we were all wanting an ice cream cone. As you can see, Jyllian wasn't eating her ice cream cone fast enough. Jasmine's cone was dripping from the bottom. Don't you hate it when your cone starts dripping from the bottom?










Don't tell mom I spilled chocolate ice cream on my clothes!!

This was Jasmine's Hello Kitty book that she purchased with her birthday money while visiting "Japan."



In the Epcot center, there are different countries to visit. I took a picture at this same spot within "Italy" in 1992 and sent it to Donovan on his mission. He thought I looked so hot! (Donovan typed that last sentence) I came with my family in the wonderful motorhome. I believe this was my last road trip with my immediate family, before I was married. The boys always try to pose or do something silly when we ask them to take their picutre. At least, they still allow us to photograph them. Luckily, none of our children drowned in the fountain of King Neptune although they nearly fell in when we took the first picture.



















Quick, look! You can see Dominique being a kind and great big brother here. Actually, Dominique is a wonderful big brother most of the time. We are very pleased with his example for his younger siblings.


















Here is the whole fam damily at Magic Kingdom on my birthday.


















King Arthur almost met his match when the three mousketeers...um, I mean three muskateers grappled with Excaliber!























While Dominique does his best Fonz impersonation, Dreyton finally was able to purchase the hat he has been wanting to get since last summer. I think we may show this picture to Dreyton's first prom date and ask if if she would like him to wear the hat to dinner and the Prom ball...

































There is an All Points Bulletin (APB) for the whereabouts of Corida Florida's (AKA Jasmine, AKA Ho-ta Bedota, AKA Dad's princessa) front teeth. Any information leading to the safe recovery of the aforementioned dental anatomy may result in financial compensation.















Have you seen this lost girl? She may come up to you on the street corner trying to sell you some chiclets. Please be generous as she has a trying childhood.

3 comments:

Karen said...

That looks like so much fun. You'll definitely have to show me the good places to go next summer!

Kristen said...

My kids are so jealous. I still love the fanny pack and can't wait to use mine when I am there. Love Jasmine's smile and Dominiques new hair cut. I haven't seen it that short in awhile. I am glad that you got to experience the camping and found out we shouldn't do it. Good post.

Prior Family said...

Looks like fun. I am going to have to get you to add us to your blog links. dianaprior.blogspot.com. Hope you guys are having a good one.