Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A day of birthday parties

While we were in UT, Bailey (my three-year-old niece) had a birthday party. The party was took place at the Primrose Retreat in Spanish Fork. It was such a fun place for the girl cousins to hang out and dress up. Each girl selected something to wear, and each girl didn't just try on one dress but several. The girls also were able to have their hair done by a stylist at the salon. My sister Shannon stepped in to help out with the hair. This is a picture of Jasmine with her cousin Katie. Katie is 8 months older than Jasmine.
Jyllian was crawling and walking all over the run way. She was waiting for her hair to be done all stylin' like.
This is before the girls had their hair done. Jasmine is in the background trying to find something to wear. She's not into the frilly, fluffy stuff as she feels it is too constricting and "bugs" her. The staff helped her find a skirt and jacket print. Whatever mom suggested just wasn't a good idea.

Here is the after shot picture. All of the girls were able to walk down the runway and show off their new hair do. These are all of the girl cousins on my side minus an 8-month old. These girls have so much fun together. But a few cat fights do occur. Me-ow!!
Miss Jasmine modeling her Hannah Montana look. Someday she may actually take on the name of Corida Florida.

A tea party (herbal tea, of course) followed dress up and hairstyling. The girls ate cupcakes with yummy pink frosting and pink hot chocolate with whipcream and pink sprinkles. I told you it was all girly! I tried the cupcake and hot chocolate, and they were delicous. Jyllian loved the frosting like most kids. Jasmine was just getting over the stomach flu, so she didn't eat much. Her stomach was still weak. Yes, each time we visit UT someone gets sick. Dominique, Jasmine, and Jyllian all got the stomach flu. Dominique and I caught the cold, flu, and fever. Yuck!

What would a princess party be without a crown? Jasmine, Amanda, and Ashlyn are all loving their crowns. Bailey was not so keen on the idea.

We attended Bailey's party in the morning of the 30th and then in the afternoon we went to Grayson's Party (my nephew). He had his party at Boondocks in Draper. I didn't get any pictures, but the kids enjoyed unlimited laser tag, arcade games, go-carts, and pizza. The boys thought this party was much less "girly" than the one their sisters attended in the morning. My sister could not get the kids to leave. She let them play laser tag for two hours. Dominique, Dreyton, and Jasmine all had a great time at Grayson's party.
It had been a couple of years since my kids had seen snow, so they wanted to play in the snow everyday. Donovan was OK in just playing in the snow when he went skiing and nothing more. Dominique enjoyed building a snow fort with his cousins. Dreyton forgot his gloves and discovered how cold the snow can be. I don't think he'll go outside again in Utah without gloves. It was 0 degrees the last Saturday that we were there. Brrrr! Thanks to Shannon, my mom, and Anne. They were able to round up enough snow gear for my kids. I didn't want to buy all that winter garb for just a two week stay. I mean, it wasn't like buying a new pair of shoes for myself, which are always OK to buy no matter how many times I wear them! :)

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Jasmine looks so pretty, as do all those girls. Too bad pretty clothes "bother" your girls ;)

Tricia said...

HI! looks like you guys had a lot of fun in Utah. It's great to see & hear how everyone there is doing. looking forward to the game tomorrow nite - OU has broken my heart too many times to pick them for the win & I like Florida & Urban Meyer, so I'm just hopin' for a close one. Later Gator - HA!

Karen said...

Wow! I want to go to a birthday party now, especially one that your sisters throw. Can I come next year?

Spencer Family said...

Those are such fun ideas. I'm going to have to file those away for when my kids get older. Especially, the laser tag, boy party. I'm sure Bailey would love to have the girl one right now.

Nicole said...

fun blog Lott Family! Jasmine is still the cutest girl EVER (your others are cute too, but we're not so well acquainted). Glad you had a good vacation! We're still laughing about Corida Florida!

Julie H. said...

Katie and Lily had such a fun time with Jasmine. That was a great birthday party and fun for the girls to get all dressed up. I'm so glad you guys could be here for Christmas--I know it's not easy for you to make the holdiay trip every year. But we're glad you did.