Monday, December 15, 2008

Jyllian's 3rd Birthday

Thursday, December 11th was a very busy day. Jyllian and I sent the three older kids off to school. We did some Christmas shopping, birthday shopping, and grocery shopping. I still had to decorate Jyllian's birthday cake. She wanted a Barbie cake, and I knew it was going to take a while to decorate it. Usually, I decorate birthday cakes the night before the birthday. I was exhausted the night before, so I decided to wait until the actual day of her birthday. I don't think I'll do that again. It was a miracle the cake even was finished before we ate it. Jyllian kept wanting to help me. Of course she wanted to lick the frosting and put the food coloring in the different bowls. Decorating the cake took a lot longer than expected. But the important thing is she was so excited about her cake!

Of course she had to lick the candles as she removed them from her cake. She didn't want to blow the candles out. I think she was a little overwhelmed by her siblings telling her to blow them out.


Grandma Lott makes quilts for her grandchildren, when they turn three years old. Jyllian was so excited about her quilt. She immediately wanted to go show Mrs. Theanna (our next door neighbor) her quilt. All of my children love their quilts. Over the weekend they each had snuggled in their blankets that Grandma had made. Thanks Grandma. We love you.





We also attended Dominique's band concert that evening. This is not a very good picture due to the poor lighting. Since, Dominique is in the back it is difficult to see him. He plays the trombone in the symphonic and jazz band this year. He enjoys playing the trombone. After Jyllian's birthday activites and the concert, my pillow never felt better than when my head it at bedtime that night.


5 comments:

Karen said...

What a cute cake, way to go Janae.

Kristen said...

Good job on the cake. I need to learn to do that. I love the quilt too.

Catherine said...

Great quilt, Aunt Anne! And Janae, that cake is so amazing! I'm impressed.

summer said...

Yes those nap quilts are wonderful aren't they? Jace has worn his out already and it is only 3 1/2 years old. We have already re-tied it once, so guess what he asked grandma for christmas this year? A new big boy nap quilt, so that's what Lois is giving him. Gotta love tradition!

Spencer Family said...

Janae, I can't believe Jyllian's already three! It was just the other day when we were pregnant together. (We just celebrated Tanner's third birthday too.)

That quilt is wonderful. Does she take requests? =) That's such a neat tradition to do and one they'll always remember!