Saturday, August 8, 2009

Dominique's surprise 12 plus birthday party

We now have a teenager in the family! Dominique did not want to turn thirteen, so he was telling everyone he was "12 plus." I'm not sure why he didn't want to turn thirteen, but I just don't think he is ready to like girls yet. That's ok with me, though. As far as I am concerned, he can wait until he graduates from college before he starts dating.

I decided to throw a little surprise birthday party for him. I invited a few boys from school and a few from church. Dominique had told me that he didn't want a birthday party this year. He was a little upset with me at first for having the party, but I think he ended up having a good time. The boys played capture the flag and a little bit of Fear Factor games. The boys had gone to a Fear Factor party at a friend's house a few months ago and really enjoyed it. So we tried it here at our home. Left to right: Josh, Jon, Corey Rudd, and Corey Koziera

Jeremiah, Kyle, Dreyton

Dominique loves the Wii. He got a few games.



And some cash which he spent on games



and a Toys R Us gift card which he used to buy (yes, you guessed it) more games. Yes sir-ee Bob, he is a game junkie, and his mom has to put limits on his Wii, DSi, and computer time.


3 comments:

Prior Family said...

You have a 12 year old. How in the world did that happen. We miss you guys. Our new phone number is 520-207-9445 Hope you are having a great summer.

Diana

Prior Family said...

Sorry 13 Year old. Ahhhhhh. Okay we are old. Oh yahh, my oldest is only 9 turning 10. Okay You're OLD!. Love ya,
Diana

Kristen said...

I still love that he was so mad to be turing 13! Dominique is hilarious!